Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 39

 

Today was my only day of finals, meaning I was able to start my Christmas break early; the task for today was the perfect sending off for me too. I took a picture with one of my closest friends, Jackie. Our friendship started only a few weeks ago and it grows stronger and stronger everyday. We had a class together last year and would talk every once in awhile. The funny thing: we both had a huuuge friend crush on each other. I thought she was hilarious and wanted to be her friend, but didn't know how to make that happen; it was the same way with her towards me.

Our friendship was unexpected this year. We would see each other around campus and say hi with some small talk, but nothing major. Then, she invited me to see Breaking Dawn with her, her roommate and another friend - I said yes, of course! That night we found out that we had a lot in common and we became friends. A few weeks later, I was in the lobby studying with Cassi late at night and Jackie came in. She sat down and decided to study with us. BAM. We clicked. I'd like to say that we studied most of the time, but that would be unrealistic. The truth: We talked about everything and I loved every minute of it. After that, we started studying together and actually got a lot done! About two weeks ago we averaged three hours of sleep a night because we would be up until 5 or so studying and bonding. Honestly, I'm glad that happened because an incredible friendship came from it.

Jackie and I have talked a lot about our friendship and it's strange. We're both outgoing people who could talk for hours and we love to have fun - those are only two of the many similarities. The thing that we both love the most is that our friendship has been incredibly natural. We click together in a way that I, personally, haven't clicked with another friend. Granted, a have several other good friends and there's something special with all of them. Jackie is the kind of person who is incredibly caring, will always make you laugh and is there for you no matter what. Everyone deserves a friend like her. My only hope is that you're able to find friends in your life who will stand by your side no matter what. Now that I've practically written a novel, here's a lovely picture of us:


Friendsies! 



No comments:

Post a Comment