Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 20


It's 2 A.M. and last night's - November 23 - task is a little hard to read. It says, "Talk to someone you haven't talked to in awhile." Tonight, I went over to Aubrey's house. Aubrey and I became best friends Senior year of high school and she is one of the funniest and most caring people I've ever met. I love her to death, but this semester we've both been crazy busy and have sort of lost touch. Luckily, we were able to reconnect tonight. We walked to the park at 10:30 P.M. and talked while swinging - yes, it was freezing. After we could no longer feel our fingers, face or anything else for that matter, we walked back to her house. We each grabbed a cup of hot cocoa and talked for awhile longer.

Can I just say that I had such a wonderful time? I was really missing her and it felt so good to catch up, laugh, vent, drink hot cocoa and just enjoy each other's company. The two of us have been through a lot together and life has been getting me down a lot lately, so I definitely needed tonight and one of my closest friends. There's just something about spending time with someone who gets you and doesn't care how many times you vent about the same drama over and over again. They're still there, willing to listen and help you through your pain. That's a friend and I'm lucky to have people like that in my life because they're a rare treasure in this world.

I hope you have someone who you can go to in your time of need and when you need a good laugh. Some lessons I've learned/ am learning about friendships are:

  1.  Friendships should never be taken for granted. 
  2.  Friends come and go; it's never easy to lose a friend, but there's always a lesson to be learned. 
  3.  If a friendship ends, but they unexpectedly come back into your life down the road, then they're probably supposed to be in your life. In my experience, you both needed time apart to grow, which only strengthens the rekindled friendship.
  4.  People are going to let you down, that's part of human nature, but that doesn't mean you end the friendship. Don't hold grudges. 
  5. Friends are another form of family.
  6. Above all, love your friends because they're the ones you'll be able to call in the middle of the night when you're crying and feeling completely alone.

Here we are at the Maroon 5/Train concert over the summer 


                           

No comments:

Post a Comment