Monday, November 7, 2011

Day Four


While I was having lunch today with Katie, a dear friend, she asked me what my task was for the day and I told her. In her opinion, that was too easy a task for me, so she suggested that since it was day four, I should make four strangers smile. Challenge accepted. Gladly. So, I went through the day and worked on making strangers smile.

The first was was at the library, where I work. There was a girl who was struggling with her books and getting the door opened. Well, I was coming into the library behind her and ran to hold the door open for her. She said thanks and smiled. Number one complete!

The second person who smiled caused me a bit of embarrassment, but the smiled and that's all that matters, right? Right. Here's the story . . . I was at the food court and was standing in front of the chips, trying to decide which ones I wanted. Cheddar Sunchips or Garden Salsa? Or did I even want Sunchips? The bigger problem was that I was mumbling to myself while trying to make such a life or death decision and the guy - the very cute guy - next to me started to giggle and smile. I looked at him, giggled as well, smiled with embarrassment and walked away. Ha. I'm lame, I know.

The third smile took place during my evening shift at the library. While I was sitting at the desk, a guy walked in and I greeted him with a smile. He smiled back. Short. Sweet. To the point.

Finally, smile number four took place just a little while ago. My floor went to a bowling event and I went up to get a drink with Jen. Well, the cashier and I started talking and I found out that she's usually the bartender, but also had to deal with the food because the other lady wasn't able to make it to work. Anyways . . . we were talking and I asked her about bartending. She told me how much she loved it and I told her that I thought it would be a fun job. After she handed me my soda, I told her that I was glad we could talk and that I hoped she enjoyed her night. Boom. Smile. :)

Now . . . if you haven't smiled today, then I suggest you let one crack across your beautiful face. A smile can automatically make you feel better than you already do. So, smile, friend. I'm right here smiling with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment